Is this project abandoned?

Topics: General
Sep 18, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Hi, just wondering if this project's abandoned. If so it would be helpful to notify users so they can explore another solution for their menus. Thanks!

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Definitely not. As in 1.5 we now have hierarchical navigation built-in, so this module became partialy obsoleted. There will be a new module (+ migration path from this one and the default 1.5 nav) arriving at the end of this month, which will provide a *lot* more features (versioning, history, scheduling changes etc.), along with nice drag&drop UI - then I'll mark this module as obsoleted.

For now, you can use this (if on Orchard <1.5) or the default navigation module (if on Orchard>= 1.5). There will be a migration path for both of them to the new module.

Sep 18, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Great! Thanks for the update!

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Anyone knows when this is going to be released? I can't wait :)

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2012 at 1:31 PM

It's a matter of days, maybe a week - need to finish refactoring.

Oct 29, 2012 at 4:12 PM

hi, how is the refactoring going :) 

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Good:) I probably may now officially say that the successor of this module will be Onestop Navigation. It's still heavily being worked on, but it's ok to use it right now. There is no download package available yet, but you may grab the code (1.5-compat branch - do not use default or other branches until further notice) and drop it into your /Modules folder. Upgrade from Advanced Menu is not yet available, so you need to recreate your whole menu to use it atm. It is compatble with Orchard 1.5 and 1.6.

I will send a not when the upgrade path between Advanced Menu and Onestop Navigation would be available, though.

Oct 30, 2012 at 6:12 AM

Thats great news, looking forward to see the new version :)

Dec 9, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Unfortunately I haven't been up to date and just went from 1.3 to 1.6 today.

My issue is:

I had a bindtuning.com theme (and old one) which supported your advanced menus and rendered properly.

Now the inbuilt hierarchical menus don't render properly. I'm hoping bind has an update that renders inbuilt menus properly.